Hamilton Computers: Anti-Spyware software
Spyware is any software that covertly gathers user information through the user's Internet connection without his or her knowledge, typically for advertising purposes.
Spyware applications are often bundled as a hidden component of freeware or shareware programs downloaded over the Internet.
Once installed, the spyware software monitors user activity on the Internet and transmits that information in the background to someone else. The spyware may be used to target ads appearing on websites you visit ("adware"), pop up ads even if you are not surfing the Internet, or may even trigger other applications or processes without your consent.
- How Spyware Works
- Ten Biggest Security Threats (PC World)
- Best Security Suites (PC World)
- Take Charge of What Web Sites Know About You (PC World)
- Best Spyware Fighters (PC World)
- Best Free & Commerical Antivirus Software (PC World)
Looking for anti-spyware software? Checkout these links: